.scl -> max

Hello

I'm interested in using .scl files in Max. I found this: http://sevish.com/blog/index.php/2014/h ... comment-43
which allows a way to convert .scl to .txt in Scala to be read in a coll in Max.
But I don't see a way to batch export in Scala...
Reading about your program, I saw that it can use .scl files. Is there part of a patch you could upload to read in .scl files into a coll?

Thanks.

I'm going to download Maxscore now and try to take a peek inside.

mrgreen

Comments

• Georg, how does MaxScore deal with microtonality re playback?  I have several different possible needs in this regard.  1)Sometimes I need to talk to a .VSTI that is ensconced in a DAW (in my case Reaper). The VSTI has already been setup with a scala .scl and possible a scala keyboard file. I need to send it only the correct midi note number for the desired pitch, but I want MaxScore to notate a correct pitchclass with sagittal or some other microtonal accidental.  2) Sometimes I need to send a midi note-number and a pitchbend message.  3) Sometimes I have a MSP object that takes a reference frequency and a interval multiplier. Let's assume that I've provided the reference frequency, and I just want to multiply by 1.5, or 3/2, for example.  Is it possible to setup a patch using MaxScore's output that will deal with all three of these situations simultaneously?  How?

• Joel, this depends on whether you want to use the MaxScore Editor as a readymade solution or create your own environment with the mxj object and a MaxScore canvas. Anyway, both send out note information in ways that could be easily adopted to all three scenarios in the Max host environment  In the former case, the Editor puts out a list in <channel, pitch, velocity and duration> format, in the latter case, you could use the MaxScore.makenote abstraction to format the output of the mxj object according to your needs. Pitch class could then be derived by using the modulo operator, while frequency can be calculated by the mtof object which also accepts floating point values.